SAP directs its product strategy towards the future and uses keywords like “Mobility first” and “Device independence“. With SAP HCP, mobile services for SAP Fiori, the technical basis for the development of applications has been extended immensely. And it was about time: in a lot of cases, potential of mobile applications is lying fallow – this relates in particular to cost reduction and efficiency.
SAP HCP and SAP Fiori
SAP HCP (HANA Cloud Platform) is an online-service that is offered within SAP’s platform services (please read our blog article on SAP HCP: http://en.inspiricon.de/sap-hcp/). It is one of the most favorite PaaS offers (Platform as a Service) which are currently on the market. The cloud computing platform is addressed to software developers and comprises different services such as SAP HANA databases, IoT services (Internet of Things) and integration services.
SAP Fiori stands for a number of applications for the SAP system in SAPUI5 or rather HTML5 (read our blog on SAP Fiori: http://en.inspiricon.de/category/technology/fiori/). SAP Fiori enables the mobile use of SAP transactions. Concerning User Experience and Usability, SAP was not the first name that came into mind in the past – but the IT made great progress especially in these areas.
SAP HCP is the central extension and development platform for applications in the cloud. It is a real all-rounder that will probably soon be used from each SAP application company. SAP Fiori for mobile users is optimized by means of SAP HCP. This offers completely new possibilities. The advantages and the simplicity of use convince in many ways.
What are the advantages of the new platform?
- SAP Fiori can be aimed to the use of mobile user by means of SAP HCP. Mobile users are able to open their internet browser via SAP Fiori applications – in doing so, a secure and seamless integration is granted. SAP HANA Cloud platform is an application service that enables an optimization of mobile activities.
- End-to-end solutions allow customization, protection and connection of Fiori Apps – as well as testing, distribution and surveillance of applications.
- SAP Fiori applications work on portable devices as veritable mobile applications. Users benefit from a high usability.
- Device functionalities like barcode scanner, authorization and data security can be implemented and designed in terms of usability – the same applies for branding.
- Users are able to profit from device functions quick and comprehensive. Receiving push notifications and accessing local data are smooth processes.
- Companies benefit from high usability and data security. Extensive authorization methods increase security and allow to allocate authorizations.
How to do it
The platform SAP HCP for SAP Fiori can be used quite easy. If you want to try it, you can create a free developer account. All you have to do is to register and apply for an account: that can be activated by an e-Mail link. The platform is designed in a clear way and you will be able to use it intuitively. On the left-hand side you will find the most important features such as the dashboard, HANA XS applications, database systems, HTML5 applications, services and authorizations. As soon as you click on one of the categories, the corresponding category will open on the right-hand side. E.g. Internet of Things, device management or Fiori Mobile. The following steps are self-explanatory and follow the principles of a modular design, based on intuitive handling.
SAP HCP for mobile services for SAP Fiori
Using SAP HCP is quite simple and you do not need special prior knowledge. Advantages for mobile services are huge. There are tangible improvements especially with regard to data and application security, usability and interlinking. By means of user-friendly innovations, fundamental possibilities have been created to improve usability and user experience as well as to design mobile applications in a forward-thinking and modern way.
Inspiricon Best Practice: How to develop a search for http-services with SAP Fiori und SAP HCP
We built a sector-independant and standardized solution for autosuggest with fuzzy matching. Read our Best Practice here: Inspiricon developed a search for http-services with SAP Fiori and SAP HCP (only available in German).